Monday, March 23, 2009

Winter Walks and Girly Talks


Not to much has been going on at our home lately. But we are managing to keep our evening full with friends, family, and movies. This past week it was so nice outside that I took Yawkey out for a walk almost every day. Yawkey actually does great walking on the snow packed trials as long as he keeps moving but the minute we stop his poor little paws get so cold.
Yawkey and I don't every have to go walking by ourselves since half of my friends up here also have dogs. It has been fun to get to call up my girl friends and meet up with them for a short visit and brisk walk with the pups. Even though the sun is shining and the day is beautiful it is still very cold outside so the walks are short but fun.

Tyler has been keeping very busy with his new business and in trying to create a good client base and get his name out there it has required some long hours at the office. Though I miss having him home in the early evenings with me I have had a great time just hanging out with my girlfriends.

My friend Melanie had a girls night at her home a few weeks ago which was a blast. There were about 7 of us who took the night away from home and come over to Melanie's house for a night of pampering ourselves and watching girly movies. We did pedicures, manicures, facials and of course had some chocolate. And since it was all girls we got a little distracted talking and didn't get around to watching a movie. As I left to go home that night I was filled with joy, praise and thankfulness to God for the wonderful women he has place in my life. I am so blessed to have these gals as my friends who love the Lord, love their husbands and desire to follow God.



So winter is still here and yesterday we got another 6-10 inches of snow but I wouldn't want to live anywhere else right now. What a huge blessing from God to have the friends He has give me up here in AK.

No comments: