That's right we left AK for something new...Snow! For some reason we never seem to plan our vacations for warm weather. We either leave Alaska during the summer for vacation or we leave snowy Alaska for somewhere else snowy. But the weather doesn't really matter if you get to spend time with family.
We had a great time at the cabin my parents rented. We had good food, played lots of games, watched movies, went hot tubbing and of course drank lots of coffee.
It was a great get away for everyone. All the kiddos (Neal and his cousins) loved playing together and learned to sleep quite well with lots of noise. With 10+ people in one cabin there was never a quite moment. We brought lots of toys for the kids but nothing was as fun as the pop-up tunnels we found at the cabin to play with.
In previous years I have always made New Year resolutions - this year I haven't a clue what my resolutions will be. 2011 seemed to sneak up on me, coming much faster then expected. I guess I have a few ideas of things so I will take this month of January to narrow down the possibilites and perhaps post on some concrete resolutions/goals later. I am very excited for this upcoming year and all the unknowns that it holds. I am looking forward to seeing God's hand at work again, like always, in our family, church and future. As I reflect back on 2010 I see how much God has shown me about his character. Through my study of the book of Isaiah I have learned a lot about who God is and have gained a greater and more complete understanding of my Savior. He is by far much greater then I could ever understand or imagine. Therefore I look forward to this New Year and all that the next 365 days (well 357 to be exact) will bring.
Happy New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment