It's funny how often I notice new habits or unique things that Neal does. I wonder sometimes how many habits and things he does from watching me and Tyler. I think that having kids is going to show me a lot about myself, both good and bad. One thing that Neal loves to do is bush his teeth (especially if he sees me brushing my teeth). That's right, we practice good dental hygiene in this house.

The other day while Neal was taking his tubby I noticed that every time he picked up his toy turtle he would put it's head in his mouth and continue to play while "eating" the turtle. As bath time continued I noticed that he did the same thing with each of his three toy turtles. Not sure when he decided he only liked to "eat" the turtles but it was funny to watch him play with all his toys and only put the turtles in his mouth.



I love how Neal is always making me smile and laugh with all the funny little things he does. I am really looking forward to spring and summer when we can get back outside. There is a whole lot of new adventures waiting for Neal once all this snow melts.
I think I have said this before but what a joy and blessing it has been to be able to stay at home with Neal. Tyler has worked so hard to provide for our family so that I can be home during the day. I have learned a lot about myself, sacrifice, time management and God this year as I have learned to be a mom. I think Neal is going to teach me more about myself and challenge me to change some of my thinking without even knowing it. Who knew a one year old could teach me so much.
1 comment:
I too am so thankful to be able to stay home with my little boy! What wonderful husbands we have. Oh, and Silas has that same swim shirt...just different shorts (now if only I could get him to enjoy being in the water). Too cute.
Post a Comment