This year Thanksgiving was very small and rather quite for a Gates Thanksgiving with only 14 of us. It was fun to be able to fit around one large table. There was however lots of delicious food, as always, and far more food then the 14 of us could eat. What is Thanksgiving without leftover right?
After dinner we had a great time visiting, relaxing and playing some games. Neal even got to play chess with Tyler. I guess Tyler is starting to teach Neal early so he will have someone to play chess with at home since I won't play with him.
Thanksgiving, as the name states, bring to mind all the things that I am thankful for and the many blessings that God has blessed me with. A few of those things I'm thankful for this year:
1) My family (Tyler & Neal)
2) The ability to stay at home with Neal
3) Good Friends who I can laugh, cry and share life with
4) My Family and my In-Laws who always encourage and support us
5) Living in AK (even though it's cold it is beautiful)
6) How the Lord has challenged me and showed me areas of weakness and selfishness in my life trough Neal - so I can change
7) The provision form God in our support raising for TWR and opportunity so Him provide in such an amazing way
Those are just a few of the things in my life and on my heart lately that I'm thankful about and love having this time of year to be reminded of all that the Lord has given and taught me.
No comments:
Post a Comment