Friday, July 13, 2012

Thunderstorms and Movies

We finally are having a break from the hot weather.  The other day we had a huge thunderstorm.  The wind was blowing, it was raining hard and the thunder was so loud that the house was shaking.  Neal managed to sleep through the first 20 minutes of this storm (which I can't believe).  When I walked into his room to wake him up he was laying on his bed saying "boom, boom, tunder....boom, boom big tunder".   He was so excited about the thunder that he wanted to go outside and watch/listen to it.  I told him we had to stay inside for this storm.  Every time he heard the thunder he would jump up and down with excitement and say "boom, boom tunder".    Shortly after this excitement we lost power, but not before we had popped some popcorn...


So we brought out the ipad and watched a movie together while eating popcorn and listening to the thunder.  Neal and I got to snuggle together and enjoyed the storm in the dry house as we waited for Tyler to get home from work.  Thankfully the power came back on just in time to make dinner.

No comments: