Thursday, March 6, 2014

Gwendolyn: 5 Months


Time seems to be passing even quicker these days then I though possible.  I am sitting here thinking, where have the last 5 months gone?   Neal summed it up great the other day when he said "What!?! Are you kidding me?  Gwendolyn is 5 years old?"  I had to correct him that she was only 5 months old but really I'm sure she'll be 5 years old in just a blink of an eye.


Here is a quick summary of our sweet girl at 5 months -- 

Smiling


Laughing


Eating her toes (every time the shoes/socks come off her toes go into her mouth)


Just starting to sit on her own (for short periods of time) 


Rolling over (however she mostly chooses to just stay in one place) 

Loves tubby time 


Loves to sleep (which makes us all very, very happy) 

What I am really these days is watching her and Neal interact together.  Neal can always make her smile/laugh and is always quick to come to her rescue if she starts to cry.  You will often here him say "Gwendolyn, what's the problem?" or "do you have a smile just for me?"  Gwendolyn can always be found watching her brother if he is in the same room.  She loves watching him "fight" battles and run around.


There is already so much that I have seen that will be different for Gwendolyn growing up with a brother compared to what I was use to, growing up with all sisters.  But I'm saving some of those observations and details for another post...

No comments: