This spring we signed Neal up for his first T-ball team. It is a league for 4-6 year olds and meets close to our house. The kids meet for six saturdays this spring and practice for 30 minuets and then play one inning against another team. It is the perfect introduction to T-ball for him and he LOVES it! Actually I wasn't sure on the first day if Neal or Tyler and I were more excited.
It was really fun to have my sister, Anna, here for his first T-ball game. Neal had his own little cheering squad from the sidelines. We had fun cheering for him and watching him hit the ball and run the bases. Gwendolyn even skipped her morning nap to watch all the fun.
Tyler his been helping work with Neal's team and gets to be out in the field with the kids, throwing balls and helping them in the field. I love getting to see them together enjoying the game and I know its really special for Tyler to get to teach his son how to play his favorite game.
Tyler has been teaching him to bat left handed and Neal has done great. Now as his mom I think everything that Neal does is great, but really he has quite the swing and can hit the ball a good distance.
We love to play in our backyard and practicing with him and we're looking forward to many more springs filled with T-ball and baseball games. I have to say one of my favorite spring pastimes is enjoying the sun with friends and family at a ballgame, and it's even better when your son is the one playing :)





No comments:
Post a Comment