Tuesday, October 14, 2014

A First Birthday Celebration!

Out little Gwendolyn has turned one!!


We are so thankful for the great blessing and joy God has brought our family in this little girl.  She is such a joy to be around, always full of smiles and laughs.  She loves to play with Neal and actually likes to snuggle at times, which we love.


We celebrated her birthday a few weeks early, while Grandma was visiting.  It was fun to make some girly decorations and cupcakes and Gwendolyn looked adorable, as always.  


Grandma brought all the birthday decorations and she helped to make some amazing flower cupcakes with me for the birthday treat.


We had a few friends over for dinner to help celebrate the birthday girl and Neal was very excited to help her with every birthday task, like blowing out the candle and opening her presents.  




This last year has seemed to fly by and it seems to have gone even faster then Neal's first year.  I don't know if it is getting older that makes time seem to fly by or if it's just that life keeps getting busier and busier with these two kiddos and so time goes by more quickly.  Whatever it is I wish I could slowdown time.  I have liked every stage of life thus far with the kids for different reasons but I have to say I think the first few years, from newborn to toddler, are my favorite and they seem to be here and gone way to quickly.  


Gwendolyn has her own little quirks and things that she does which make us laugh.  It's fun to see her growing up and to see her personality start to shine through.  She loves to give snuggles and "kisses" (her kisses are leaning her head into you so you can kiss her).   She crawls around with her hands in Neal's shoes, holds a cell phone up to her forehead and pretends to talk, loves to play the kazoo and can often be found with her hands in the air smiling and asking to be held whenever Tyler or I walk into the room.


She makes plane and car noises when she plays with any of Neal's cars and planes and loves to throw herself backwards on pillows. She will throw herself off your lap or the couch if you don't watch her. Her favorite time of day is tubby time and she would choose Neal's superhero toys over her baby dolls.  I think she is going to be more adventurous and outgoing then Neal was at her age and we may have to watch out once she learns to walk on her own.


What a difference a year makes...Happy Birthday sweet girl!!



No comments: