Friday, November 19, 2010

New toy for Mom and Dad


So Tyler just purchased a new Camera for his company. It is a Canon EOS 7D and takes video and still shots. This type of camera is used by "the professionals" and was even used to film an episode of our favorite show "House" (so it's a great video production camera). I was pretty impressed that a hand held camera could take such good video. The best part about this is that I get to use the camera at home when it is not needed at the office. I am so excited to learn how to use this camera and all the different features and things that it can do. We have been playing around with it the last few days and have already been really impressed with the photos we have gotten. These are some of our favorite ones:







Now remember these have not been altered or anything so they could be even better but I am so excited about how they turned out without any real knowledge on how to do photography. Needless to say this is only the beginning of our soon to increase photo skills. I am looking forward to great "professional" looking photos right from home in the future. Oh and here is a sample of a video...again better ones to come as we learn more. (quality of the video went down a little when we changed the formate for posting but it's still cute)



I think I should look into some good photography and photo shop tutorials online - or maybe someone I know could show me a few pointers...know anyone you could suggest?

1 comment:

Melanie said...

thepioneerwoman.com has some good articles and tutorials on her website