Well better late then never right? I finally finished Neal's baby quilt today. I had great plans to make his quilt before he was born and be able to take him home all wrapped up in it - but of course that didn't happen. It is done before his first birthday so I think that isn't too bad. I am so happy with how it came out. It was quite the project piecing together the border (1" unfinished strips are hard to work with). My favorite part of the whole processes is the hand applique and the hand quilting. I tend to try and rush through the piecing processes just to get to the hand work. I sure hope Neal likes the quilt as much as I do.
I learned this new way to attached the binding and love how the corners turned out. I think I will use this method again next time.
A little memory about the tag: When I was a little over half way through my pregnancy I was driving home from work one night and started thinking about what I needed to do to get started on his quilt. As I thought through the whole process of making the quilt I thought about the very last piece of the whole project, the tag. As I thought about what I would right on the tag I thought; his name, date of birth and then "love, mom". Then it hit me - I'm going to be a mom! That moment really sticks out in my mind as the time that it hit me that Tyler and I were going to be parents ---we were going to be "mommy" and "daddy". I then remember thinking "what?!? Am I really ready to be a mom?" God has perfect timing however and knew that we were ready for this little boy.
We will be spending lots of time together snuggling under this quilt. What an amazing opportunity it is to be a mom. God has already taught me a lot about myself, relying on Him and patience through this little guy. I love being "Mommy".
3 comments:
Lovely, lovely! And, it's funny the little things that drive the idea of parenthood home, isn't it?
I'm sure this is something he will treasure as he grows up. And finishing it before he is a year old is, in my opinion, a magnificent feat! Good job!
Great job being diligent especially around the holidays Laura!
It's beautiful. You did a fantastic job!
Post a Comment