Thursday, November 15, 2012

A Little Reality

I was readying a great article the other day called "Reality Mothering".   It talks about how it is easy to fall into the sin of comparison.   Evaluating our mothering based on our worst days and comparing our mothering to what we see from others on their best days is a easy trap to get caught in.  

Think about it, what we mostly post on Facebook or blogs are stories of peoples best days.  We don't often post about the craziness of life, the days where we can't get out of our pajamas, where your child just continues to disobey, and the days where you house looks like a war zone because you can't seem to keep up with the mess and demands of life.   These moments happen far more often then people mention, and nobody wants to blog about the tough days.  

I look back on my blog here and see that if you only knew me from my blog you would think that life here is great and that I appear to have it all together.   Well, while everything that I have written about and the pictures I show are all true it doesn't really give you a complete picture of our lives.   There are many times where you will find my sink full of dirty dishes (for several days in a row), dirty laundry overflowing the hampers, a toddler in tears (or timeout) and even me in tears sometimes on those really tough days.  Life is great but it isn't as simple and neat as it may appear.

So, I encourage you to read the article on "Reality Mothering" and remember that each day is a gift from God.  He give you everything you need to make it through each day and remember life can just be really messy and isn't always picture perfect.

Here is a bit of my most recent reality moments (actually caught on camera)....

(A not so happy "little chef") 


(A half roll of toilet paper, destroyed...the culprit was caught red handed)


No comments: