I enjoy trying new recipes and adding to our monthly meal plans with new "go to" meals. Since we now live in the south, I thought it was about time to start finding more "southern" dishes to add to my recipe box. I have found a few that we have liked and will be making more then one appearance at our dinner table. Here is what we have liked so far...
These are delicious! Really creamy and so good with baked ham or any type of chicken.
If you don't already know North Carolina BBQ is different then what you might think. It is vinegar based and is usually made with a pulled pork. I found a crockpot recipe for it from a good friend of mine at church and we liked it. I love that it is a crockpot meal, makes a ton (for lots of company or to put in the freezer for a quick meal on a busy day), and it's delicious if you eat it on a pretzel bun. Even better if you can enjoy it with friends or family outside on the back porch :)
I have to say ever since I got my cast iron skillets for Christmas a few years ago, I don't know how I ever cooked without them. I use them almost every day and so many things taste way better when cooked in a cast iron skillet, Cornbread is one of those things. I love the crisp curst that it makes and served with honey butter and a bowl of spicy baked beans it makes a perfect addition to a great meal.
There are several other "southern" dishes that I would like to try in the months to come so I will have more updates as we try new things. Some on my list are Shrimp & Grits, Pimento Cheese, and Banana Pudding. So, maybe when some of you come and visit we will get to introduce you to these delicious "southern" foods if you haven't had it already.
No comments:
Post a Comment