I don't know what it is but I have no success in growing any type of plant. I am lucky that our yard already had lots of established plants, flower bushes and trees in it 'cause I cannot seem to grow anything, except weeds.
Several months ago a friend of mine gave me a small tomato start and so I went and got a pot and some good soil and planted it. I then took it outside so it could get sun. Amazingly I have remembered to water it each day and for awhile it was growing so well and even got a tomato on it! I was overjoyed and started to get excited. However, something happened. It has been over a month now and the one tomato that started to grow is still green and not growing anymore and there are no other tomatoes on it. It is now starting to look rather sad and I believe that it is not going to last much longer. I don't think a garden is going to happen anytime soon here, maybe I'll try my hand at some fresh herbs next spring.
Until I can figure out this whole plant growing/gardening thing you will find fake flowers and other non-living plants in our house. Neal helped me a few months ago put together a little spring/summer prayer pot.
This prayer pot can be found on our kitchen table and is filled with "pinwheel flowers" and prayer sticks. The sticks have different people and things to prayer for and each night after dinner, during our family bible study, Neal gets to pick a prayer stick and then pray for that person. It has been a fun way to get him to think about who and what to pray for and the "flowers" always look great, no green thumb necessary.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment