Friday, September 20, 2013

AWANA

I can hardly believe that Neal is already old enough to be in Awana.  He started Cubbies a few weeks ago.


His first night there he was a little unsure.  Our church doesn't offer Awana so we signed him up at another church in the area so with unfamiliar faces and a new location Neal was a little nervous.  Tyler stayed with him the first night.  Tyler sat on the outskirts of the room while Neal played games, ate snacks and listened to the story but said Neal kept looking over to make sure he was still there the whole time.  The next week Neal went in and stayed all by himself!  

He loves his Cubbies vest, and has been doing a great job memorizing his verse each week.  I'm excited that not only Neal will be memorizing scripture but that Tyler and I will get to memorize right along with him as we work on the verses together as a family.


It's fun to see him so excited to go each week, and I hope the enthusiasm for it stays all year.  I also like the fact that now Tyler and I can drop him off at Cubbies and go on a coffee date once a week while he is there...It's great for all of us :)   Next time any of you see Neal ask him about Cubbies, but be prepared to hear all the details, as well as listen to him recite his verses, he loves to talk about it.  

No comments: