Tuesday, September 17, 2013

From the Mouth of a Toddler

Neal, like all toddlers, is always making us laugh as he says things and discovers new things.  I think it's about time I wrote some of his fun sayings down so that I won't forget them.  Every day he seems to grow up more and more and once baby girl arrives I am sure he will seem way older compared to a new baby.  So here are few fun things from the mouth of our 3 year old....

"Don't worry mom I can save you all the time, 'cause I'm a super hero" 


"Stop squishing on my dadddy"  - he says this often when we try and snuggle him

"Mommy do you know I love you" - always followed by a big hug from him and big smile from me.

Neal loves to look at the map on my phone while we drive places and when Siri tells him what way to turn you can hear him reply "Don't tell me what to do Siri" 

While at the pool this year Neal learned to hold his breath and put his face in the water.  Last time he did this he said, "Mommy watch this, I can hold my breathe for 16 hours" 


Looking out the car window one night on our way home:  "The moon is following me mommy.  It's following me all the way to mommy and daddy's house" 

When he wants to talk about how fast or strong something is (or he is) he will say, "Look, I'm stronger then strong"  or "Wow, that's faster then fast"

The only clothes he ever wants to wear are either his batman or superman shirt.  When he first got his batman shirt he told me, "When I Skype with Tia I want to show her my batman shirt, she'll say 'Neal, I can't believe my eyes, that is awesome'"


A few of his favorite things:

1. Fruit Loops (he would eat these every morning and be happy)
2. Sweet Tea (a southern boy already)
3. Playing Go Fish (we play it at least 3 times a day)
4. Being a superhero (everyday he is a new superhero and is always acting out some action scene that he has created)


5. Reading stories.  He can sit and have you read him books for an hour or more.  The library is one of his favorite places to go.


No comments: