Sunday, December 8, 2013

Our First Thanksgiving


2014 marks our first Thanksgiving at our house.  This was the first year that we didn't have Thanksgiving at either of our parents homes.  It was a little strange to think of having Thanksgiving here.  I was a little nervous knowing that we were the ones who were in-charge and that I had to cook a turkey (never cooked a turkey before).   This was one of those times that made me realize that Tyler and I are the parents now, the adults, and that Thanksgiving here will be normal for our kids.


We had a great time!  We ended up having 9 adults and 4 kids here for dinner.  It was a ton of fun and really great to have a few of those guest be family.



Thanks to everyone's help we had a great Thanksgiving meal and really great desserts.  Also, cooking a turkey, not nearly as hard as I thought.  We filled our day with football, games, and lots of food.



Aunt Jessi, Uncle Wes and Uncle Zach stayed with us the whole weekend, had lots of fun and ate lots of leftovers.




Over all I have to say our first Thanksgiving here was a smashing success. Anything is fun mixed with family and good friends and we were blessed with both this year :)


(Sadly I neglected to get a complete family photo of all of us, hopefully for Christmas I will remember) 

No comments: