Monday, April 29, 2013
Life Lesson
While enjoying the nice sunny day outside the other day a little caterpillar crawled across the driveway right by my feet. I called Neal over to show him how fast the caterpillar moved and I touched it with a stick to show him how it would curl up for a second and then start crawling again. Neal smiled really big and then immediately stomped on the caterpillar with his shoe. As you can imagine there was a flattened caterpillar and a gooey mess infront of us on the driveway. To my surprise a few seconds later Neal started to cry. I asked him why he was so sad and he said, "I want the caterpillar to move again mommy." It was a sad afternoon as I had to explain to Neal that when he smashes a bug with his shoe it kills the bug and it won't move again. Life lessons are hard to learn sometimes, but now we are on the lookout for another caterpillar so we can put him in Neal's bug jar and watch him move instead of smashing him right away.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment